Monday, November 5, 2012

Door Hanging Initial Tutorial

 
 
Hi!  I'm a total Pinterest addict!  I love everything from DIY, recipes, crafts, etc.  I also co-lead crafts for our Moms group (like MOPS).  My friend Stacy and I love to come up with fun crafts and Pinterest has made it much easier to get ideas from.  I had pinned this and we thought it would be perfect for our next craft day. It didn't have a tutorial so I came up with my own and want to share it with you! 
 
Things you will need: 
A 13 inch mdf or wooden letter 
burlap
muslin or linen
acrylic paint
floral berries, flowers, buttons for embellishment
hot glue
sandpaper
Most of our items were purchased at Hobby Lobby (♥ that store)!  




Take your Letter and paint the front and sides.  I used acrylic paint.

Next, you need to figure out how you want to hang it.  Some letters are easier than others :)  Having a last name with a "J" was a little tricky but I think it turned out nice.  Some letters you can simply wrap the burlap around the top.


I folded a piece of burlap and hot glued the ends on the back of my letter.  Then I took a piece of muslin and put it through the loop on top.



Then came the fun part, embellishing! 

I made a simple bow (just tied a knot) with a wide stripe of burlap and then hot glued it to the burlap attached to my letter.


Next, I hot glued some floral berries to the burlap and made sure that my rosettes would cover the bottom of them.
Then I made rosettes and hot glued them on.
I sanded the edges to get a distressed look and then added a few more rosettes to the bottom of the J also.
 
 
Here's the finished craft!
 
 
Cara

No comments:

Post a Comment