Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Tea Dyeing

I recently saw a new technique on Pinterest. Tea Dyeing fabric and onesies!  As soon as I saw this I knew that I would have to try it!  I love, love onesies, especially creating something cute for baby girls and boys!  
I followed the tutorial here and couldn't be happier with the results.  I put a few onesies, muslin, chiffon, lace, and other trims in the tea liquid.  It took a few times in the tea liquid to get the darker color that I wanted.  
One of my nieces is expecting her first baby, a baby girl!  I couldn't be at the shower so I wanted to make something really special for her.  Here is what I came up with.
 

I started with a heart doily and used some lace trim and sewed it around the heart.  I decided on a fabric in my stash (Amy Butler) and thought it would be perfect with the tea dyeing and made a frayed flower with pearls. 
 
 
 
 I followed this tutorial here to make the adorable ruffled baby legs.  
 
 
 
 
 
I made the skirt with a double layer with a chiffon ruffle that peeks out. This skirt is similar to my skirt from my owl onesie outfit. I love all the ruffles!  To finish the ensemble, I also made a matching headband with a similar flower from the onesie and two flower rosettes.  
 
 
     Cara

No comments:

Post a Comment