Sunday, May 6, 2012

Sew-A-Long #2 Amy Butler's Lotus Tunic

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I loved the my first sew-a-long so much that I'm making another one of Amy Butler's patterns for another sew-a-long!

My friend and college roommate Bridgette from Fancybelle  and I will be doing Amy Butler's Lotus Tunic & Cami. We both did Amy Butler's Cabo Halter top pattern last month and wanted to do any other pattern by Amy Butler. We both love, love (did I say Love) Amy Butler fabric!

Here is our timeline (meaning during naptime & after kids are in bed):

Mon May 7: Trace and Cut Pattern

Tues May 8-Weds May 9: Sewing

Thurs May 10-Fri May 11: Finishing

This pattern looks more challenging but I'm ready for it. It's so fun sewing along with a friend even though we live in different states! Not only do we get to make something for ourselves, we can help each other out if we need help. Plus, I'd probably find a million other things to do instead of make something for myself! I decided to go with the fabric on the cover of the pattern (real original, right)!

Amy Butler Twilight Peony in Saffron for main body of Tunic

 

 

 

 

 

 

And Amy Butler’s Peacock Feathers in Blush for accenting fabric.

Bridgette set up a flickr group if you want to join or follow along http://www.flickr.com/groups/lotuspattern/

Hope you follow along this week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment